by J. Christian Andrews
I cull the internet so you don't have to (ha). Here is my reading list for September 3-9, 2017. Posting these links does not necessarily constitute an endorsement. On the other hand these are not all the blog post I read but only those I thought worth a continued conversation.
APOLOGETICS and WITNESS
* John Zmirak: Would You Have Worshiped Caesar? Here's How to Tell.
* Vance Christie: Corrie ten Boom's Cure for Self-Pity
* J Warner Wallace: There's a Difference Between Evidence and Proof
* Denny Burk: Ten ways to show truth and love to your gay neighbor
* Nathan Apodoca: How to Be An (In)Consistent Moral Relativist
* J Warner Wallace: Why Would God Punish Finite, Temporal Crimes in an Eternal Hell?
* Jason Gudim: The Fabricated Luther: Refuting Nazi Connections and Other Modern Myths review
* Michael J Kruger: Are Protestants Closer to Catholics than Martin Luther? A Response to the Recent Pew Study (Part 1)
* The Cripplegate: Huss: in 200 words
* Lutheran Indian Ministries: Looking at Native Ministry Like International Missions
* Bill Muehlenberg: Dealing With Objections From Homosexual Marriage Advocates
* Tom Parrish: Why Love Is Not Enough
* Trevor Thomas: A Clash of Cultures: The Bourgeois vs. the Burning Man
* Jason Scott Jones: Fr. James Martin Burned the Bridges to My LGBT Friends
* Patrick L Sajak: You Are Not Generation Z
* Lucas E Morel: Frederick Douglass, American
* Micheal Brown: Help Us Push Back Against YouTube's Unfair Business Tactics
* Rod Dreher: Cheap Sex = Dying Christianity
* Mark Regnerus: Christians are part of the same dating pool as everyone else. That's bad for the church.
* Gene Veith: The infallibility of Pope Francis
* Philip Hawley Jr: The American Medical Association vs. Human Nature
* Rod Dreher: Love in the Ruins
* Rod Dreher: Cheap Sex & Modern Love
* Adam Ford: Approximately 6 Months
* Rod Dreher: The Fruits Of Same-Sex Marriage
* Gene Veith: The myth of Amazon's dominance
* RainbowAstro: 2017 North America Total Solar Eclipse Close-up Real-time 4K
* Greg Anderson: The 2017 World Beard and Mustache Championships Gallery is Here
* Anika Burgess: Japan's Abandoned Hotels Are Being Reclaimed by Nature
* Lars Walker: Momentous Day (filed under bookselling)
* Hugo Cornellier: Guy Takes Photo Every Day From Age 12 to Wedding Day
* Paul David Tripp: Three Things to Remember about Your (Imperfect) Marriage
* Paul Anderson: Your Marriage or Your Life?
* Tom Parrish: How to Keep a Christian Marriage Healthy
* Mark Tooley: Christian Doctrine, Sex & Nashville Statement
* Michael Brown: Actually, It's the Religious Left That's Dying
* Denny Burk: On the Scandal of Divorce
* Red Dreher: Is The Nashville Statement A Surrender?
* Thom S Rainer: Ten Unfair Expectations of Pastors' Wives
* Joy Allmond: 4 Ways Church Leaders Can Help Stop the Divorce Cycle
* Paul Edmon: Apostles' and Nicene Creeds According to Scripture
* Mark Surburg: About Steven Hein's "About Preaching Good Works"
* Landon Coleman: Would My Sermon Offend a Mormon?
* Michael J Garnett: The Law and Gospel Matrix
* Lydia McGrew: Worldviews aren't modular
* Samuel James: Keep Kids Safe From Smartphones
POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
* Steve Berman: DACA is Socialism, Not Compassion
* Steve Berman: Legal Immigrants Are Glad DACA Is Finished
* Michelle Malkin: There Is No Such Thing as a 'Deserving Dreamer'
* Amy Swearer: Utah Blood Draw Incident Shows the Limits of Police Authority
* Erick Erickson: They Are Setting Up Conservatives As the Fall Guys
* Bob Adelmann: Virgin Islands Governor: Seize Firearms Ahead of Hurricane Irma
* Lutheran Ladies Connection: The Importance of The Reformation
* Paul Anderson: The Christian and Bad Government
* Sam Wellumson: Matthew 16:13-20 - Built on the Rock
* Steven Preus: The Inerrancy of Scripture
* Tim Challies: The Worst Consequence of Skipping Church
* Sam Wellumson: Romans 12:9-21 - Take Up Your Cross
* Paul Anderson: 7 Lessons from an Old Man
* Gene Veith: Vocation quotes from Luther for Labor Day
* Brett and Kate McKay: An Introduction to the Spiritual Disciplines
* Lutheran Ladies Connection: Learning to Count It All Joy
* Brett Boe / Jasom Gudim / Brian Ricke: Being Lutheran Podcast Episode #38 - 1 Kings 21:1-16
* Lincoln Winter: Reading Words in a Postmodern Church
* Brett Boe / Jasom Gudim / Brian Ricke: Being Lutheran Podcast Episode #39 - Luke 19:1-10
* Terry Cullers: Obituaries